Κυριακή 6 Νοεμβρίου 2011

Doctor Who



Taking a break from the Fantasy Creatures – I hope whoever read them liked them – I want to actually write for something else for a change. And what did I choose? One of the oldest TV series of old time. The all-time favourite Doctor Who.
                                        
A few stuff about how I came to love the series. I was very reluctant to watch it at first because it involves the Space. I generally find the Space pretty boring (it’s a huge black thing with nothing in it..) which made not want to watch series like Star Trek or Star Wars. I have watched clips and I liked them, but can’t really take the whole spaceship/space/crew, it just doesn’t work for me. So when my friends kept bugging me to watch it, I was all-like no way.
                          
However Doctor Who DOES have something I love. Time-Travel. I actually decided to watch it after watching an anime that had time-travel as its main theme, and remembered how much I love it. After finishing the anime, I wanted something similar, and that’s where my friend’s spam worked. The first thing that came to mind was Doctor Who. So I started watching it, and I liked it<3                                           
                         
The Doctor is quite the awesome character.  One time he’s serious to a fault the other he’s acting like a 5-year old. One time he’s acting all cool and invincible, the other he runs for his life. One time he says he’s only a watcher who shouldn’t try and affect himself, the other he’s risking his life to help whoever he can. He’s the epitome of contradiction – much like humans, maybe that’s why he likes them so much.
                                    
I particularly like the episodes that have to do with the past. After all the future is pretty much easy to fantasize. All you have to do to ‘create’ the future is have some incredible technology running the whole world, aliens on Earth, flying cars, cures for all diseases, NEW diseases etc etc. But the past? Ah the past. The past is already there. In all those books and all the statues and paintings and memorials that we have now. The past has to look convincing. Has to be able to show us how people lived then, how they dressed, the series has to actually live up to what we know about the old times, whereas the ‘future’ only has to look fancy and weird. The only super-technology thing I'd like to see, it would be the Doctor's past. So again, I like it because it's the past not because it has fancy machinery and clothingXD

                                    
The Doctor’s Enemies and I have a love/hate relationship. They are like the Doctor. Sometimes cool, sometimes childish, sometimes annoying, sometimes brilliant, sometimes intelligent and sometimes just crazy. I laugh SO HARD, when an alien just looks like a fusion between an animal and a human. It makes me think of monsters from Power Rangers or Hercules/Xena. Funny how this works since my favourite enemies, the Daleks look like a fusion between a washing machine, with kitchen and plumbing tools and a camera, with a voice like someone who has been smoking since the 70s and is about 700 years old. But I can’t stop loving them. Support the Daleks. Support! Suppooooort! :P
                           
And of course I could not talk about Doctor Who and not mention the most lovable thing in the series. It’s not the Doctor, it’s not the Sonic Screwdriver, it’s not someone of the Doctor’s companions, it’s the Doctor’s ETERNAL companion. The TARDIS<3 – a.k.a. Time And Relative Dimension In Space. The Blue Box is so awesome that you want to hug it. You want to go inside and let it throw you wherever and whenever and have an adventure there. You want to go there and exclaim ‘It’s bigger on the inside’ and then explore it as much as you can before getting tired. You want to go play with all those awesome and funny-stupid like gadgets it has and SO MUCH more. Ah gotta love the TARDIS.

And there isn’t much else to say. I could be talking like forever, without actually saying anything new, so I’ll stop here. I’ll just say how thankful I am for the hours I spend watching this series (excluding maybe the Slitheen episodes…why do they exist..) and the hours I spend discussing this with my friends. Long live the last of the TimeLords!
                                      

3 σχόλια:

  1. Even in million years, I would have never imagined that you would liked it so much<3


    I personally share the same feelings towards the whole series, but a little bit more of a personal affection and relation to The Doctor ^^

    However, I do wanted to read something about The Master from you :P

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. I love it. Remember that picture where you were tagged in persona, most of those are MY favorites by far. Though some were added here and there for the tag-picture to look ok:P

    The Master deserves his own post:P

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή